Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a big screen Mitsubishi TV, about 10-12 years old.

Customer Question

I have a big screen Mitsubishi TV, about 10-12 years old. It turns off automatically every time you turn it on., Is there a reset button
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Can you please get me the model number off the back of the TV?

On this set, there should be a tiny button labeled "AV Reset" on the front of the TV. If you see this, press and hold it for 8 seconds then try and power the set on when the green light starts blinking.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Model is WS-65611

I pressed the reset, but TV still turns it's self off

Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

Does the green Timer light on the front of the set blink?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Aric replied 5 years ago.

It is most probable that there is a failure on the DMD (power supply board) inside the TV. Commonly the 7 capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets.

The capacitors are located on the power board inside the set, where the AC cord plugs into and can be replaced by a Tech for no more than $200 parts and labor.

Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again. Do you have any experience testing live voltages, or soldering on electronic equipment?

If not, then I would suggest using the link below to locate a technician in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, let me know.

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and appreciated!!