TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

MY VIZIO VP50 HDTV20A WONT TURN ON, THE LITTLE GREEN LIGHT

Customer Question
IN THE FRONT IS DEAD...
MY VIZIO VP50 HDTV20A WONT TURN ON, THE LITTLE GREEN LIGHT IN THE FRONT IS DEAD
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/20/2012
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 years ago
Aric, Technician

How long have you had the set for and when did the problem occur?

Was it after a storm or power outage in your area?

Additionally, are there any signs of life at all on the set (click sound, buzz or hum when the power is plugged in)?

1. I HAD THE TV IN 2008 0R 2009 CANT REMEMER
THE PROBLEM OCCUR 12/31/2011

2. NO TO YOUR SECOND QUESTION

3. WHEN I PLUG IN I HEAR A CLICK SOUND LIKE ITS OPEN UP AND A BUZZ

Please disconnect the set from AC power for 2 minutes, then upon plugging back in, press and hold the power button for 8 seconds to try and force a reset.

If the TV still does not power up, then there is a short inside the set stopping it from fully powering up.

It is most probable that there is a failure on the power supply board inside the TV. Commonly the capacitors on this board will receive a surge and then fail. They can sometimes be visually verified by removing the rear of the set and inspecting them for bulges or leaking fluid at the top or the base of the caps. This is the most common mode of failure for these sets.

The capacitors are located on the power board inside the set, where the AC cord plugs into and can be replaced by a Tech for no more than $200 parts and labor.

Unfortunately there is no sequence of buttons or reset you can perform to get the set working again. Do you have any experience testing live voltages, or soldering on electronic equipment?

If not, then I would suggest using the link below to locate a technician in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further assistance, let me know.

I HAVE TRY DISCONNECT FOR SET BEFORE BUT IT DID NOT WORK,
I ALSO UNPLUG IN PLUG BLACK IN MANY TIME BUT IT DID NOT HELP AND ALSO I TRY HOLDIN THE POWER BUTTON BUT IT DID NOT WORK.

I HAVE NO EXPERIENCE ON TESTING LIVE VOLTAGES OR SOLDERING ON ELECTRONIC EQUIPMENT
THE PROBLEM WITH MY TV OCCUR WHEN I TRY TO PLUG IN A USB CABLE INTO SERVICE 1
You caused a surge which shorted out either the Mainboard or the Power supply. This is one of the most common problems we see on the site, the service port is designed for a technician to tyest and evaluate the set.

Voltages must be measured at the power supply output both under load and no load to determine which board has the failure. Unfortunately there is no reset you can perform to fix this problem and the set will require service. Average cost for this type of repair is $200 to repair the supply, or $325 to replace the mainboard (parts and labor). You can use the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses and welcomed and appreciated!

where can i buy the mainboard or the power supply
WITCH ONE IS MY MAINBOARD
WITCH ONE IS THE POWER SUPPLY

Here is a link to the mainboard:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vizio-VP50-HDTV20A-MAIN-BOARD-3850-0142-0150-2A-/320756403304

Here is a link to the power supply:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio-aax30284301-power-supply.htm

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician