TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

how do I hook up a sony dvd player to a toshiba hdtv??

1/2/2012
Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician

Welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear about your trouble. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you with this.

Kindly let me know the model no. of DVD player and TV...

Model # XXXXX DVD player: DVP-NS325

Model # XXXXX HDtv is: 32DT2U

Thanks for the model no.

Connect the DVD player to component (color stream) on the TV. Then select the respective input on TV.

Let me know if you face any difficulties...

According to cable provider the dvd has to be routed thru the hd cable box, and then to input on tv. There are no connections on rear of tv for (color stream). Colorstream is just an option for "input". I am working with RCA cables.

On the rear of the dvd player there are two rca cable outs: component video out and line out.

On the rear of the hd cable box there are two rca cable plug-ins: video out and component video. I have component video out of dvd player connected to component in of cable box. I have video out of cable box connected to tv. This should work but it doesn't.

Many thanks for the reply.

It is not necessary to wire the DVD through cable box.

Just connect each of them to TV.

Let the connection between TV and cable box via component(color stream) as is.
Now connect from the composite out(AV) marked as 'Line out' on the rear of DVD to corresponding AV in on the TV.

Let me know if you have any doubts.
Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician

OK connecting "line out" on dvd player direct to tv did work, however picture on screen is not in color

Make sure that you connected to the 'AV in' on the TV and not the component(color stream). Such a wrong connection can cause black and white picture.

A DVD that doesn't belong to the region code supported by player also can cause such an issue.

Let me know how things comes up...

Everything is hooked up correctly and I've played several dvds and all come up black and white.

Could it be a difference in cables?? My RCA cables are red, yellow, white. AV input on tv are blue, red, green.

Blue, Red and Green are not AV input. Its component input usually written as Y Pb Pr.

The problem is that your TV can although support composite and component connection, it can't provide both at the same time!

Connect the Yellow from to Y/Video and red and white to L & R audio in. Then you will get DVD player in color.

Let me know the model no. of your cable box. Does it has HDMI port?

Hooking up component out from dvd to component in on tv brings up color but then I have no sound.

Hooking up line out from dvd to component in on tv brings up sound but no color.

Cable box model - ccua: 000-00213-05788-046

Thanks a million for the 'Accept', Positive feedback and Bonus.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The cable box no. you provided seems to serial no. or so. Look out for a model no. and let me know.

When connecting DVD player (composite connection), connect video to yellow marked socket and audio pins(white and red) to red and gray marked sockets in above figure.

When connecting cable box(component connection), three cables for video goes to Y, Pb and Pr sockets on the extreme left in above figure. Audio pins again to red and Grey marked sockets in above figure.

Note that the cable/pins should start from the respective sockets on DVD player and cable box as well.

But by this way, you can use only one device at a time. I will definitely provide you a way to view both without the hassle of connecting and disconnecting each. For that kindly let me know the model no. of the cable box...
Shaheen
Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician