Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

My Sanyo tv screen went black no picture will come back on

My Sanyo tv screen went black no picture will come back on the green light will stay on for a few seconds then goes off
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Just a couple questions so I can get a better idea about what's going on here.

1. Do you have audio?
2. How old is the TV?

Respectfully,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you have my problem
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Yes, I read your original question. I need answers to these questions if I'm going to help you:

1. Do you have audio?
2. How old is the TV?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
1. No
4 yrs old
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.
Ok, thanks. Do you want to repair this yourself? Do you have experience? Tools?

Or are you just trying to figure out it's reparable?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Have tools just seeing if repairable
Expert:  Dan replied 5 years ago.

Please read this whole post, and keep replying to me until you're satisfied. Once you're satisfied, you can click "Accept" (that part is important... it's how I get paid). You'll also be afforded the opportunity to leave me positive feedback and a tip. While not required, both would certainly be appreciated!

This is definitely reparable. It will just boil down to cost, so the real question is: Will this be cost effective? The answer is... probably. It's tough to say for sure without getting inside the TV, but the good news is that some hands on diagnostics wouldn't run you more than $50-$75 (in my area) and most of that would be put toward the repair labor should you decide to have it repaired.

So, what's causing this? Things like this can be caused by a couple different things. More specifically... the power supply, the main board, or the LCD panel (the screen) could be causing this. The power supply and the main board would normally be cost effective to repair, and these are the most common issues. The panel would be far too expensive to consider replacing but that would also be much more rare, so the odds are on your side. Again, though, we won't know for sure until the technician gets inside to have a closer look.

If you'd like, feel free to post back here with the technician's findings and the repair estimate. I'd be happy to let you know what I think. A typical repair bill here can vary, but would usually range $250-$450 for the power supply or main board. Again, the panel would be cost prohibitive. You can find a good technician at www.tvrepairpros.com. Just go there and enter your zip code, they have a pretty thorough listing.

Respectfully,
Dan T.