TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

What cause horizontal thin black lines across the Samsung 50

Customer Question
inch plasma TV screens...
What cause horizontal thin black lines across the Samsung 50 inch plasma TV screens
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
12/8/2011
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 6 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, etc.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Hi Tim the model number of TV is :PN50B550T2F, the Manufactor date is Aug. 2009, and yes there are horizontal lines thru upper part of screen on all outputs(DVD Cable, Satellite and game counsel, which we only use mostly is DVD and fios.
The bottom half of the screen is perfectly fine?

Tim
Yes i would say from bottom of the screen almost up 3/4 the way is fine but from that point rest of way up it started with 1 thin black line then 2 or 3 weeks later another thin black line and so on. I have already tried replacing the Y buffer board and the assciated board, did not help the only thing left that i could see is powersupply or screen itself.
You replaced the upper y buffer and the y sustain board?

Tim
Yes to your question about the y buffer and sustain boards? i have a stupid question for you where is the accept button so I can accept you answers? i am looking 1 more time before i send this i hope i can find it and get rid of this part
You had put a question mark after the sustain board, does that mean you are not sure if you replaced the y sustain board?

The accept button will show up soon, but you probably do not have it yet.

Tim
I sorry about the question mark, i did change both y sustain and buffer boards and had same so i put my original boards back in the TV. I still have the new boards or i should say refurbished boards.
Ok but the problem was identical with the new boards or old boards?

Tim
Yes identical
Ok then the only thing left that can cause horizontal lines would be a failure in the plasma panel itself. I am sorry but as I am sure you know, this costs more than the tv is worth and is a non-repair situation.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please remember to press the ACCEPT button when we are finished, it is the only way I can get credit for helping you. I want you to be 100% satisfied so please, by all means ask any questions you might have on this subject. Positive feedback is always appreciated.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
I think that I already suspected the plasma screen, but was hoping it was power issue and with some adjustments or replacing the powersupply could be fixed. Thank You for your help.
No sorry, I wish it were that easy. Let us knwo if you need anything in the future, sorry for the bad news.

Tim
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician