TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I hook up my surround sound system ( LG Home Cinema

Customer Question
Blu-ray Network 3D #LHB336) to...
How do I hook up my surround sound system ( LG Home Cinema Blu-ray Network 3D #LHB336) to my 74" DLP Mitsubishi TV?

I have the DVD and surround sound system working with the DVD but I cannot get the surround sound working through the TV speakers for some reason. With the audio button on the TV remote I can not pull up the option to turn off the TV speakers like I did in the past for the other DVD surround system I had previously (RCA DVD surround sound system). I am hooked up to the new DVD with a HDMI cable just like in the past.

Help Please................
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: TV
12/5/2011
TV Technician: Steve G., Technician replied 5 years ago
Steve G., Technician

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

You get sound when you play a DVD because the DVD player is built in to the LG HTS.

To get audio from your cable service you have to actually send the audio to the HTS.

You can either connect the TV's audio output to the HTS or the cable box's audio output to the HTS. Typically, the TV's output will be a digital one, so you need a corresponding digital input on the rear of the HTS.

The cable box will also have a digital as well as a regular pair of red/white RCA jacks. You can use those.

That's an overview. Tell me if you need more info.

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

Thanks very much.

Tell me what a HTS is; I'm not familiar and can not find it on the back of the cable box or the TV?

I'm sorry. HTS is the Home Theater System - the LG.

Thanks very much.

I did what you said and still is not working?
Ok...I gave you several choices. Which did you try? Keep in mind that you need to tell the LG to 'listen' to the correct input. There should be a button on the remote labeled INPUT. Press it a couple of times to cycle through the available inputs.
Steve G., Technician
I am sorry we did what you said but now we cannot get tv speakers to turn off we cannot get to the av reciever to that point.
Steve G., Technician