TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 52 rca projection tv that will not come on,the on

Customer Question
I have a 52'' rca...
I have a 52'' rca projection tv that will not come on,the on botton lights up several times and stops. what could be the problem?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
11/19/2011
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

What's the TV's model number? Please look on its rear panel.

Respectfully,
SKU-7302RHG MAYBE THIS # XXXXX XXXXX YOU WANT-1700064361
7302RHG seems to be a satellite system??? But not the TV.(NNN) NNN-NNNNdoesn't register, either.
TRY THESE #,S MODEL D52W14 AND SERIAL#E283C306D1
Ok, D52W14 is what I was looking for. Now what exactly is lighting up?
THE ON/OFF BUTTON LIGHTS UP AND FLASHES ON AND OFF SEVERAL TIMES WHILE IM HEARING A CLICKING SOUND EACH TIME.
The light should be flashing in groups. Can you count how many times it flashes before pausing and flashing all over again?
FLASHES 3TIMES AND YOU HAVE TO WAIT A FEW MOMENTS BEFORE TRYING AGAIN.
And does the TV seem to "try" to turn on, 3 times? Almost like it's cycling?

WHEN IT FIRST STARTED ABOUT 6 MTHS AGO THE TV CAME ON AND OFF TWICE BEFORE IT STAY, BUT NOW ONLY THE LIGHT FLASHING AND A CLICKING SOUND.

Ok, thanks. Do you want to repair this yourself? Do you have experience? Tools?

Or are you just trying to figure out it's reparable?

BOTH " I WANT TO SEE IF ITS WORTH IT. ITS BEEN A GOOD 1

Please read this whole post, and keep replying to me until you're satisfied. Once you're satisfied, you can click "Accept" (that part is important... it's how I get paid). You'll also be afforded the opportunity to leave me positive feedback and a tip. While not required, both would certainly be appreciated!

Well it’s definitely reparable... it'll just boil down to cost. The real question is: Will this be cost effective to repair? The answer is... maybe. If the TV has been good to you until now, I suspect repairing it will be a good decision. If it has acted up in the past, maybe it's time to replace it.

I have seen issues similar to yours stem from a few different areas inside the TV: The convergence circuitry, and the power and deflection boards would be the main suspects here. You could also have a fluid leak, which is fairly common with these older projection sets. The technician will need to get inside to narrow this down for sure. Just that process alone would run about $100, but most of it would be put toward the final bill should you decide to have it repaired.

A repair bill for something like this normally ends up $450-$650 but that will depend on where you live and the full results of the diagnostics. If you need help finding a good repairman, check out tvrepairpros.com... they have a pretty thorough list. If you'd like, post back here with the tech's diagnosis and repair estimate. I'd be happy to tell you what I think.

DAN, WITH THE WAY IT SEEMS COULDNT IT BE NARROWED DOWN TO THE CONVERGENCE CIRCUIT BOARD?
No I wouldn't call it convergence, at this point. It's definitely possible, but without internal testing it's tough to say for sure.