TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Panasonic PT-52LCX66 Rear Projection TV - will not turn on

Customer Question
- power light blinks XXXXX...
Panasonic PT-52LCX66 Rear Projection TV - will not turn on - power light blinks XXXXX XXXXXght once, then blinks 3 times slowly - No other lights are flashing (light bulb or temperature). Any solutions?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
11/14/2011
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 years ago
Aric, Technician

Can you please doublecheck the model number off the back of the TV?

Also, how long have you had the set for and has ANY work at all ever been done on it?

PT-52LCX66

Bought it brand new about 4 years ago

No work has ever been done to it

Please unplug the set for 10 minutes, then try to power back up and see if you get the same blink code.

I have already done that and same thing keeps happening.

I am researching this and will be with you shortly.

ok

This blink code (3 blinks of the XXXXX XXXXXght), would indicate loss of the 5 volt output on the power supply. This could be caused by a faulty regulator IC, failed capacitors or a cold solder joint on the power board. Either of these problems will require component level testing and replacement by a certified technician to fix the problem. Average cost for this type of repair is between $200-$300 parts and labor. You can use the link below to locate a tech if you do not have experience measuring live voltages and soldering inside of a TV.

www.tvrepairpros.com

If this answers your question, please click "Accept", as it is the only
way we Experts get paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are
welcome and appreciated!!

Aric, Technician
Aric, Technician