How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ridgerunnerras Your Own Question
Ridgerunnerras, Technician
Category: TV
Satisfied Customers: 602
Experience:  Technical support Engineer for 10 years
Type Your TV Question Here...
Ridgerunnerras is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a RCA rear projection mod. #P61960. On some shows and

Customer Question

Have a RCA rear projection mod. #P61960. On some shows and or commercials , the screen bows in on top and bottom and slightly on sides. What could be problem
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: TV
Expert:  Ridgerunnerras replied 5 years ago.

Ridgerunnerras :

This is indicative with problems caused by the convergence amplifiers inside your TV set. There are also resistors that could have failed & it is best to replace both parts.

If you have TV repair experience and want to DIY, you can get the special repair kit to address this specific problem by calling 901-414-2399. They offer support to help you along with the process & for any questions that you may have. The kit is about $65.

If you do not have the confidence to perform the work, then a technician would charge $250-$350 for this repair.