Steve G., Technician
Experience:  VP of electronic repair company. Audio nut.
329447

My panasonic viera 42 inch plasma tv wont turn on and the

My panasonic viera 42 inch plasma tv won't turn on and the red LED light keeps blinking 7 times
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

Hi. I'm Steve. I'm sorry to hear about your TV. I will try my best to give you a precise and accurate answer.

I can help you but I need to know the full model number. Panasonic are on their umpteenth generation of Plasma sets. I need to know which one you have.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The model number is XXXXX
Expert:  Steve G. replied 5 years ago.

The problem is with one of 4 boards in the TV namely: SC, SD, SU and P.

There is a procedure to determine which one it is. You would need to remove the back from the TV and you would need a multimeter.

Otherwise, I can only tell you that you are looking at a repair bill in the $300 and up range. Keep in mind that a new 40" TV is around $325 at Walmart.

Let me know if you want to continue.

Just ask if you need more help on this issue. I will be here.

If you don't, please click ACCEPT to help my rating on 'Just Answer' and please leave positive feedback. If you do not plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click accept but instead, tell me how I can improve on my answer. Bonuses are a bonus!

Thanks very much.