TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Insignia Tv won't play my dish satellite. I was told it…

Customer Question
My Insignia Tv won't play...
My Insignia Tv won't play my dish satellite. I was told it needed to be set to air? what ever that means. It's not in the manual?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
10/22/2011
TV Technician: Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair replied 6 years ago
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair

Are you using the coax connection from the satellite receiver or an Audio/Video cable?

Thanks,
It has one little wire and it is screwed into the ant/cable spot on the back of the TV and then into the wall.

Where is the Dish satellite receiver? How is the dish signal getting to the connection on the wall?

Thanks,

Satellite reciever is 80 feet away from the dish and we have a dual receiver so several TVs are hooked to one receiver

So the wall outlet is connected to the other output of the satellite receiver - correct?

On the TV, you need to go to the Menu, the use the < or > to select the Channel Icon, then the v button to select Antenna/Cable - ensure it says Antenna.

The move down to Auto Channel Search - and select that. It can take up to 30 minutes to do a search, but with the satellite box on, it should fine the channel and store it in memory.

Thanks,
Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair