TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

my polaroid 32 hd tv stopped working it will turn on, but no

Customer Question
screen then will not tunn...
my polaroid 32 hd tv stopped working it will turn on, but no screen then will not tunn off without cutting power. the turn on screen waS BLUE NOW when I HOOK DVd PLAYER EVERYTHING IS ORANGE WITH NO CLEAR PICTURE. the remote is no help menue buttons are not reposive nor are any of the others. I get no response from the remote even after changing batteries. it is hooked to HD interior antenna.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/20/2011
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 6 years ago
Aric, Technician

How long have you had the set for?

Did this problem occur after a storm or power outage in your area?

Are you unable to get the MENU on screen, using the TV remote and pressing MENU?

No one morn it just stopped working
If you take the TV remote...and press MENU, does the MENU come up on screen?
no noresponse from remote at all
no noresponse from remote at all no nstorm no powere loss menue will not come up

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately I do not have
good news for you. There is no sequence of buttons you can press the reset the
TV, and it will require circuit testing and component replacement to operate
properly again.

There are basically three
problems that would cause this, the Power Supply, the T-Con boards, or the LCD
panel itself has failed. Voltages need to be measured at the power supply
outputs, using a DMM with nothing connected to it but AC Input. If the readings
are proper, then the other boards need to be connected one at a time, until one
causes the voltage to shut down at the output. If the supply outputs power with
all of the boards connected, then the T-Con needs to be tested. The T-Con will
run you around $300 to have replaced. If the T-Con tests good, then the LCD
Panel has failed and will cost you more than a new TV (around $700) to have
replaced and it is not cost effective to repair this set.

If you do not have
experience testing live voltages on a circuit board level, then I would suggest
using the link below to locate a tech in your area:

http://www.tvrepairpros.com/

If you need further
assistance, let me know.

If this answers your
question, please click "Accept", as it is the only way we Experts get
paid for our knowledge on the site. Tips and Bonuses are welcome and
appreciated!!

Aric, Technician