TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 19 inch Toshiba flat screen TV with an audio out digital

Customer Question
connection in the back. What...
I have a 19 inch Toshiba flat screen TV with an audio out digital connection in the back. What kind of sound bar is compatible with that?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
10/6/2011
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 6 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

What does the audio out say on the set please?optical audio/audio out/analogue audio/and what does the output look like please?

Anthony
It says digital audio out and its a flat silver colored square. It doesn't look like a plug in
Hi

That will plug into just about most modern sounds bar around!digital audio out is the best option around and most sound bars will accomodate it

Anthony
I need to know exactly what kind of so sound bar to buy or what connectors to buy. I've asked sales people at Radio shack and Wal-Mart these questions and they do not know what i'm talking about. I bought a sound bar that has the Red and White plug in connections.
Hi

You need to buy a soundbar with digital audio input or optical input thats all you need to look for most of them have this facility, if the toshiba has analogue RCA out then you can use these too in your existing soundbar, I can't go through them their must be hundreds but really thats all you need to get and to look for

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
I just need one brand name. Like i said, store people have no idea what im talking about when I ask them.
Hi

OK I see right please get me the model number of the TV found on the back and I will get you some pictures and models

Anthony
Model number is XXXXX
I also bough an ILive Sound Bar for it.
Hi Your going to have to recheck the model number carefully because that model is not listed

Anthony
The model number is XXXXX
Hi

OK here is the owners manual to start off with

http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchfield.com/Manuals/052/05219SL411.PDF

On page 19 you will see the digital optical output which every salesman should be aware of as its the latest way to transfer audio also the best way here is sonys soundbars if you go back into the site every soundbar they do will have optical audio in I really cant understand why theirs confusion by whoever you spoke to

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666308122#specifications

You will see the owners manual you can download and in there you will see this particular unit has optical audio in

Let me know if you need more info

Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician