Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a sony KDF E60A20 projection tv. the problem Im having

I have a sony KDF E60A20 projection tv. the problem I'm having is once its power up the only thing happens is the green light flashes for 30 sec and the tv goes into standby mode with the red led flashing 5 times. Replaced the lamp today with Phillps replacement and get the same results. Could this be a lamp balast problem? Need help FOOTBALL SEASON IS HERE!!!
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

5 blinks does indicate a lamp ballast problem yes
The lamp ballast is available from www.encompassparts.com this is one of 3 suppliers I use however the part number is XXXXX

The ballast is the little board (lower back removed)with two wires going to the lamp
If you have problems please let me know

Anthony
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Are you sure that is the ballast part number? My ballast part number seem to be different Part # XXXXX is the # XXXXX provide an upgrade. And are you pretty sure this would replace my picture and sound?
Hi

Dont know where you got that number its not valid, enter the number I provided at encompass and it will show you the sets its compatable with, the original part number was 1-465-875-11 now changed to 1-465-875-12 sony term the ballast as the power board for some unknown reason

Be careful with the leads when replacing

Anthony