Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an almost 4 year old Samsung DLP TV Model #HL-R6167W.

I have an almost 4 year old Samsung DLP TV Model #HL-R6167W. Love the TV but it seems that the picture is much dimmer than before. In fact it's tough to see during the day and to dimm even in the dark of night. Is a a bulb/back-lighting issue? On the side of the TV is a sticker with a Lamp Code: BP96-01472A (P132W)

What's my fix?

Greg Stevenson
Spokane, WA
Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

Yes you need to replace the lamp, the lamp should be replaced every 2 to 2.5 years for normal usage
You can get a new oem lamp from here, get one complete with housing its much easier to replace

www.dlplampsource.com

If you need help getting the lamp in and out here is a video that covers about 90% of samsung dlp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQTKt9skeyE

Let me know if you need more info please

Anthony