Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

on RCA TV HOW TO UNDO fpa lock

Customer Question

I own a rca . When going thru menu on tv (lost remote) .."fpa lock" was pressed by accident. Screen went black with "fpa lock on" in bold orange letters accrods middle of screen . Couldnt figure out how to undo so i turned tv off and when attempting to replug on and restart it doesnt come on. only red led lit up near power button. PLEASE HELP :)
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance...

Initially, the FPA lock could not be disabled without the original remote. Would you consider purchasing a remote then?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
If i had remote then there is a way ro turn tv bck on?
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Yes with the original remote 265713. Open the MENU, goto PREFERENCES, scroll down to Front Panel Access and unlock or turn off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Think u misread whats going on. My tv now does not turn back on.
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
The TV may be turned on even if FPA locked using the remote.

And it is the original remote? Were you able to open the MENU? Preferences?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I never used remote. Did u read what happend? Lol m it was thru the tv menu, fpa was accidentally tuened on. ( tv menu meaning i literally pressed menu button on the tv) as aoon as it was turnd on " FPA LOCK ON" cane across blaxj scren written in orange. After tryn several differnt things i thought maybe if i turn off tv and unplug , wait few min, then plug in again it may go away. After plugn bk in and tryn to press power, nothing happwns. Only red led light is lit up
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
I understand.

And as my initial reply "...
the FPA lock could not be disabled without the original remote...". Even if the FPA was accidentally turned on using the front panel controls, only a remote could turn the FPA off.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
But if i had original remote u gave instructions to go thry tv menu to get fpa off .
What im saying us even when i physically press power button on tv it does not come on now
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
With the FPA lock on, none of the front panel controls would work, even the On/Off.

As earlier posted "..
The TV may be turned on even if FPA locked using the remote..."
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok so with tv off n fpa on. If have remote il beable to power on tv? Can u describe whT color n how remote looka so i can call home to get them to look for it. We think its it but do.t actuallu say rca on iy
Expert:  Louie replied 6 years ago.
Yes, with the original remote you can:
  • turn on the TV;
  • remove the FPA lock.

Please click HERE. The remote would look like the image show.