Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

We have a Bush LCD TV and the Settings Menu keeps flashing

Customer Question

We have a Bush LCD TV and the Settings Menu keeps flashing on the screen and when pressing any button on the remote the menu keeps appearing and will not let you access any other function. Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)
-How old is the unit?
-What did you try to install?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Model no. LT26m1ca - 3 years - about 1 hour ago - latest attempt
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
-What did you try to install?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Under the Settings Menu there is the option to re-install with the idea it might wipe out the fault.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
I believe you need to download software and try to install that. I have been unable to get a link to download it. I would say you should try to call Bush at this point and see if they can send it to you or point to where we can download it. 90% of the time when this happens, a software install will fix the problem.

If the software does not fix it then first, you could have a failure in the power supply, we have seen some capacitors fail in your model and cause funky problems like this. If this is the case you could be looking at somewhere around $175-$200 to fix the set.

Next could be the main board, this would not be good news because you could be looking at $300-$400 for the repair (I know this is up there in the price range and most likely getting over the cost of a new set)

Any of these could cause your problem, but it will require troubleshooting to determine the exact cause of your problem. If you have experience, and test equipment and would like to attempt some troubleshooting I will be happy to assist you, however if you do not have equipment or experience then you would need a repairman at this time to get an exact diagnosis. I am sorry that I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, it is definitely an internal failure.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks for info, but I am going to need to take the TV to a repairer.
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Sorry for the bad news, the software will probably fix your issue here though.

Please don't forget the accept button when you are finished.

Thanks,
Tim