Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

I have a JVC HD-52G787 television. Sometimes, when I turn

Customer Question

I have a JVC HD-52G787 television. Sometimes, when I turn it on the blue power light and the red lamp light blink rapidly and simultaneously. If I hit the power button again it will sometimes turn on (it can take a few times of trying). Other times, it turns on just fine with no problems. There does not seem to be any pattern for when this happens. I know it is not a bad bulb because I purchased a new bulb and the problem persisted. The user guide says that this problem may be due to one of the following:
1.The lamp may not have been installed correctly, or it may be due to a malfunction.
2. The lamp door may not be closed correctly.
I know the lamp is installed correctly and the door is closed because I have replaced the bulb twice before without this happening and the problem started about 2 months after I had replaced it for the third time.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Bob
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Do the lights blink a code at all?
-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,
Tim Nolan
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I purchased the TV in 2005. As far as the blinking lights, they do not appear to be blinking a code, they just blink rapidly, at the same time, and at a continuous rate.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.
Chances are your ballast is the problem here then, some testing would be needed to know for sure but with the symptoms you have it sounds like your ballast will need to be replaced to fix this issue. This type of repair normally runs $400-500, if you know how to use a meter well and want to try this yourself let me know and I will help you complete the troubleshooting.

If not then you will need a repairman, I recommend www.tvrepairpros.com

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan