TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have Aquos GA935WJSA (on remote control handle) I accidently

I have Aquos GA935WJSA (on...
I have Aquos GA935WJSA (on remote control handle) I accidently changed the viewing ratio or aspect from what was set at 480i to 720i & p via the menu button. Now I can only get sound and cannot get the menu screen to even display on the screen . How can I un-check the 720's and return the setting to just 480i so I can see a picture. Occasionally a flash will com on screen in upper Right corner telling me it's on HDMI-1 then it goes off or the picture comes on momentarily and then goes off . HELP
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/28/2011
Jack
Jack, Technician

Jack :

Hi and welcome to justanswer.
I`m going to help you with your tv but first i will have a few questions;

Jack :

Are you connected with a cable box,satellite receiver etc ?

Jack :

Do you have a dvd connected to the tv ?

Jack :

Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?

Jack :

Model number should start with the letters LC

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

connected DirectTV satellite receiver, dvr is butlt into receiver, and dvd play is also connected. Getting model number now. the front says it a LE832 series. will get model number now, will take a minute.

Jack :

O.k

Jack :

When you changed the resolution,was it through the dvd or dish box ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

LC60LE832U is model . I change it through the DirectTV menu button, setup, HDTV resolution,

Jack :

O.k then, that should be no problem as your tv is capable to take a much higher resolution (1080p) so the problem might be with the dish receiver.

Jack :

Waht i`d like you to do first is to pull the power cord off both dish receiver and tv for a couple of minutes

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

ok, give me a minute, be right back.

Jack :

no problem,take your time

Jack :

It will take another few minutes for the dish receiver to connect with the satellite after you plug it back

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

how long shall I leave it unplugged?

Jack :

In the mean time,could you also give me your sat. receiver brand/model ?

Jack :

About 2 minutes unplugged

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

the only "branding on it is DirectTV, the model # XXXXX I'm going to plug them back in now. OK?

Jack :

yes try it

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

ok, plugged in , resetting its self renning rceiver self-check

Jack :

yes it might take a few minutes

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

that display on upper right corner HDMI-1, 720p flashed but nothing is happening.

Jack :

Can you try a dvd ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

sound just restarted but still no picture

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

sound restarted but no picture

Jack :

O.k at this point ,if you could try to play a dvd,we could have an idea if the problem is with the dish box or tv .

Jack :

Or ,can you see the direct tv menu ??

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

cant see any menu, will try to start a DVD

Jack :

O.k and at the front of your dish receiver, there an access card door ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

a message came up, something about incompatable signal received

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

yes, an access card door

Jack :

Under that door there is a small red reset button,can you try to push it ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

ok

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

says running receiver self-check

Jack :

Thats good

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

that same message flashed in upper right corner, HDMI-1, 720p, but nothing is happening.

Jack :

Have you tried a dvd ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

yes, I could hear it and it is running but now since reset red button, no sound nor picture.

Jack :

Actually i was talking about a separate dvd player

Jack :

you have a dvd player beside the dvr ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

the seperate dvd player, yes. It was not the dvr, correct. I do have both.

Jack :

And no picture from the dvd either ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

the dvr is built into the receiver, the dvd player is a samsung seperate device.

Jack :

And no picture from the dvd either ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

correct

Jack :

o.k then it looks like the problem is with the tv,can you give me a few minutes ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

yes, of course

Jack :

but first can you tell me if you can bring up the tv`s menu ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

using the original TV remote the Menu will come up

Jack :

o.k and while i get your tv`s manual ,i`d like you to try to reset the tv in a different manner than earlier

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

ok, how?

Jack :

Unplug the power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv for 20 secs or so and then let it sit unplugged for a few minutes.

Jack :

I`ll be right back

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

the power button is actually just a flat surface ,not a actul click type button

Jack :

o.k no problem

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

let me know when to plug back in

Jack :

You can do it now

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

k

Jack :

o.k , do you have your tv back on ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

will do it now.

Jack :

O.k and if there is no change then we`ll try something in the tv`s menu

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

ok, same. Same flash in upper right hand corner, HDMI-1, 720p, same as before

Jack :

O.k then open your tv`s menu and look for the icon "power control"

Jack :

Open it and you will see "audio only"

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

ok,, yes

Jack :

Make sure it is set to OFF

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

on OFF already

Jack :

Well , then i believe we have tried every options to make your tv work and unfortunately there seems to be something wrong/defective with it.

Jack :

This surely must still be under warranty ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

yes, but it started when I tried to change the viewing resolution. Could I have cause this?

Jack :

It could have caused a problem with the tv`s internal software but it is not normal for it to breakdown, nothing you did wrong, just the tv`s system that has gone wrong.

Jack :

If it was only the dish receiver input then i`d say connect it

Jack :

somewhere else but now even the dvd does not work!!

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

so, what should I do, contact the manufacture?

Jack :

I can get you the details on how to proceed, if you`ll give me a minute.
How long have you had it ?

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

less than 2 months I believe, 3 at the most

Jack :

Let me take a look ,it might even be within the replacement and not repair time range.

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

thanks

Jack :

be right back

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

k

Jack :

I`m afraid they don`t give much info about warranty claim on their website,so i got you the phone number for their customer support, i would say you will need the purchase info in hand (model number,serial,date of purchase etc) and they will direct you to their closest ASC(authorized service center) to make arrangement for the warranty claim, and for a tv of your size ,the service will be done at home. here is that number;
Product Support
Have questions about a product for your home?
Call 1-800-237-4277 (1-800-BE-SHARP)

Jack :

Also, you will receive an email after this chat is closed and there will be a link to get back to me anytime if you have any questions.

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

can you email the content of this conversation so I can provide that as part of my claim as well, I do not have a printer from this computer that I can print this off .

Jack :

Once the chat is closed we will be in a different window and i will be able to send it to you as text.

JACUSTOMER-eiafaxnl- :

Thank you. Wish we could have resolved it here but you did everything you could on your end. I appreciate your assistance.

Jack :

You`re most welcome and i wished i could`ve done more ,but there is just so much or little i can do from my end.
Now you can close this chat from your end with the accept button if you are satisfied with my answer and also look at your emails for that text file.

Thanks again.

Jack
Jack, Technician
We are now in [email protected] mode.
You can reach me here anytime if you have questions.
Here is a copy of our conversation as you asked, click this link "CLICK ME"

I had to send it in the ZIP format (cannot upload .TXT files) , just double click on it and windows will extract the text that you can open again.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician