Steven, Technician
Experience:  Ma. Master Technician Lic. Authorized Warranty Support.
59014109

The light is blinking on my RCA SDTV 27 and it wont power

The light is blinking on my RCA SDTV 27" and it won't power on or off. I tried a power disconnect and when I plugged back in the same problem exists. How can i correct?
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 6 years ago.

Steven :

Hi my name isXXXXX may I help you?

Customer:

Have you seen my problem?

Steven :

Do you have the model number of this Tv ?

Customer:

No, all I can tell you is it's a RCA SDTV 27" about 3 years old.

Steven :

Is it LCD flat screen ?

Customer:

No, it's a CRT.

Steven :

Oh, and it's only three years old. You said it wont power on or off, how do you know it wont power off ? does it come when you plug in ?

Customer:

The set has a standby light that is normally ON. It started blinking and now it won't turn on either with the remote or the power switch on the set. It is unresponsive. I tried unplugging and repluggging, and it continues to blink and not respond.

Steven :

Ok, here's the thing, there is not a reset procedure for this TV, that fact that the led is blinking is an indication of a faulty circuit, most likely in this case a power supply or High Voltage failure. There is no quick easy fix or reset for this. It is in need of service. Are you trying to repair this your self ?

Customer:

Not something I'm likely to do. I'm not aware of any power surges in the building, we don't have electrical storms where I live. Are you saying I have to have someone take the set apart?

Steven :

Unfortunately yes, there are parts that are going to have to be replaced. something internal has failed. You are going to need a qualified technician to look at it and determine what needs to be replaced.

Customer:

Thanks for your help. I'll accept your response.