TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Sanyo DP32648 I woke yesterday to no power to my Sanyo tv and

Customer Question
my Magnavox Blueray player. Both were...
Sanyo DP32648 I woke yesterday to no power to my Sanyo tv and my Magnavox Blueray player.
Both were connected to Surge protectors but to no avail.
I have found the fuse on the blueray player but have no clue where or what to search for on my tv.
Any help would be appreciated.
Tim
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
4/25/2011
TV Technician: Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer replied 6 years ago
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Are you seeing any signs of life at all? Sights or sounds? Front panel LEDs? Fans spinning? Or totally dead?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
The light that shows it is on stays on for about 3 seconds then goes off.
There is no other sounds coming from the tv.
Eventually the light even quits coming on when the power button is pushed.
If that LED is on (even briefly), the fuse is fine. We'll need to make some voltage measurements inside to narrow down the malfunction, do you have a voltmeter and the ability to use it?
yes I do have a meter just need to know if I am measuring ac or dc.
We're looking for 5VDC on pin 4 (or 5) of connector K8B, which is on the main board... coming from the power supply. Use any exposed metal on the chassis for ground. If that's not there, replace the power supply board. If you have the 5V, replace the main board.

More questions? Just ask. If not, please click "ACCEPT" and leave me positive feedback! If you don't plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click "ACCEPT." Instead, please let me know what else I can do for you!

Kindest regards,
Dan T.