TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My viore plasma tv "s picture is dark,we've turned up the

brightness on it but its...
my viore plasma tv "s picture is dark,we've turned up the brightness on it but its still dark. Could you tell me whats wrong with it.
4/11/2011
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

1. Are all inputs very dark? DVD player, cable box, game console, etc.?
2. Bring up the TV's on screen menu. Is it dark, too?
3. Did this just happen out of the blue or was it a gradual change?

Kindest regards,
Dan T.
it just happened out of the blue about a week ago and since then its been getting darker. everything else works.
it just happened out of the blue about a week ago and since then its been getting darker. everything else works.I previously said my tv was a plasma but its a projection tv
Ok, thanks.

Now, how long have you owned it? Have you replaced any parts? If so, what and when?
We've had it for 5 yrs. and no never replaced any parts. and by the way did you get my reply before where I said my TV was a projection TV.
Ok, thanks. Yes, I got your message.

Now, earlier you said everything "works"... I need to know if those inputs are darker, too. DVD player, etc. just as dark as watching a TV show? How about the TV's on screen menu? Darker, too?

Yes they are. But when i go to watch a recorded show that I have programmed to record on the DVR on my other Tv it shows clear.. but If I watch it on the messed-up big tv its dark.

Ok, thanks.

You're going to need a new projection lamp. This is actually good news. I say "good" because this is totally normal... an expected expense, like replacing the light bulbs in your home (just more expensive!). Just like the light bulbs, this is a user-replaceable part.

So, what now? Go ahead and open the lamp access door (look around the sides and rear of the set... there will be a small panel to remove); then slide the old lamp housing out and get the part number from the housing and bulb. There were a few different part numbers used in your model and I want to make sure you order the right one, OK? Once you have the part number, go to dlplampsource.com or encompassparts.com and order a new one.

More questions? Just ask. If not, please click "ACCEPT" and leave me positive feedback! If you don't plan to leave positive feedback, please do not click "ACCEPT." Instead, please let me know what else I can do for you!

Kindest regards,
Dan T.