Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have 2006 Magnavox model number 37MF33ID/37. It wont power

I have 2006 Magnavox model number 37MF33ID/37. It wont power up. I press the power button and it flashes a continuous green light on and off. On occasion the screen will also flash dimly on and off in the background. After a while it may or may not eventually power up. What is the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Hello
Welcome
Thanks for using JustAnswer

If you could just answer the below info requests please this will help me a lot thanks!

Have you had problems trying to get the set to come on perhaps taking its time to start up?

How old is the set please?

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

It is a 2006 Magnavox model # XXXXX purchased around 2007.

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes it does, I indicated as much in detail the problem and age of the TV in my initial inquiry.

Hello

OK what you have here is failing electrolytic capacitors on the powerboard you need to remove the rear of the set trace up the powercord to the powerboard and look for leaking or ballooning electrolytic capacitors

lcd-led-lcd-tvs/165280d1266962088-bad-capacitors-samsung-lcd-tv-le40r73bd-bad-caps.jpg" alt="" width="361" height="367"/>then the board needs to come out of the set the old ones desoldered and removed and new ones soldered in so an ability to use a soldering iron is required here....

You can get new capacitors at radio shack or similar or online at www.mcmelectronics.com take note of their working voltages and values fr example 1000uf 25volts and they can only go back in one way as they are polarised

Let me know if you need more info please

Anthony