TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How to reset Vizio TV to get program information?

Customer Question
How do I reset it...

How do I reset it to get program information? When I click on guide, it only says 'data not available'.

Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
2/26/2011
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 7 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

-What guide is it that you are trying to access?

I can't get to the back of the TV as it is hanging on the wall. It is a 50-52" Vizio that is 3 1/2 years old. I am trying to access the "Guide" on the remote that shows the list of programs for all of the channels. It just says "Data Not Available" on all of them. I have to actually select a program channel without knowing what is on it to see what is there, instead of being told ahead of time.

Is this the Vizio remote or a cable/satellite remote?

It is the Time Warner cable/satellite remote. I got Time Warner cable on Oct 11th, 2010. I do not use the Vizio remote.

Do you have a Time Warner cable box then?

No, I don't have a separate box--I am tied right into cable because I am in an apt. Atleast not a separate black box like I have had before years ago with another company.

I have a black box that says Scientific Atlantic and Explorer on it--it is a DVD/DVR box. I also have HD. I do not pay a separate fee on my bill for a box.--Does that help?