Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The picture on my Samsung TV has gone dark + colour distorted

The picture on my Samsung TV has gone dark + colour distorted . Sharp images linger , bright lettering , remains as a ghost when the picture changes . What is the cause ?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 6 years ago.

Hello
Welcome

Thanks for using JustAnswer

Could you please carefully recheck that model number their are many variants of this set in europe so the model needs to be correct

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Model LE37R87BDX1XEU

Type BP37EU

Is this fault present on other inputs like a dvd or vcr?

If you press the sets menu using the sets own remote control can you see the menu ok or is this bad too?

Anthony

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

There is a fault on the HDMI connection , which the DVD is connected to - the resultant picture has a very blue colour.

The menu is dark/colour distortion also .

Hello

Its likely you have a bad LCD driver board (tcon) or a bad LCD panel itself, the tcon in many cases is considered part of the panel so may or may not be available, also their is no way of isolating the tcon board from the panel it has to be changed to eliminate it

The menu test confirms this as this signal is directly injected into the tcon board so has bypassed any potential problem

If you wish to go down the route of replacing the tcon let me know

Also it may be worth contacting samsung if the set is less than 3 years old and complaining, manufacturers are at long last redressing bad issues like this you will find an email address or phone number at www.samsung.co.uk

Let me know which way you are going with this

Many Thanks

Anthony