TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

my tv screen is upside down on samsung PS63B680

i updated the firmware and...
my tv screen is upside down on samsung PS63B680 i updated the firmware and when finshed screen was upside down, i ryied restoring it now same problem
1/29/2011
DMGreenTech
DMGreenTech, BS Electrical Engineering

DMGreenTech :

Sorry to hear about your TV problem.

DMGreenTech :

Did this just start?

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

yes i updated firmware

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

and now screen upside down

DMGreenTech :

That's lovely... Give me a minute to see if I can find a setting that might impact this.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

thank you

DMGreenTech :

It's not a problem. I've found your manual here: http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/200904/20090428091748734/BN68-02113G-01Eng_0409.pdf

DMGreenTech :

It's going to take 10 minutes or so to download.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

do you what the cuase is

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

cause and how do i fix

DMGreenTech :

My thoughts are that it's likely a new feature in firmware that is set to the wrong setting by default, but I'm still checking.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

ok

DMGreenTech :

I'm seeing reports of this with other Samsungs when incorrect firmware is used. Are you 100% certain the firmware you downloaded was right? I found at least 3 sub-models of this TV:

DMGreenTech :

Make that 4..

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

ok i updated it with ps63860t6w

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

on my tv it says

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

model ps63b680t6w but underneath it says model code ps63b680t6wxxu

DMGreenTech :

Where did it say ps64b680t6w?

DMGreenTech :

We can try adjusting it in a service menu. If the wrong firmware has been applied this may be a bad situation.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

shall i try firmware ps63b680t6wxxu

DMGreenTech :

If that's the model that is listed on the TV, as in where it states "model number" - then yes.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

i can show image of stick if you like

DMGreenTech :

Applying the wrong firmware may mean that it can't take new firmware, but it's worth a try.

DMGreenTech :

I would try that first.

DMGreenTech :

In the service menu, there may be a way to flip the display (h-flip) - but that wont fix everything if the firmware is incorrect.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

its states both models it says (model ps63860t6w) but then undernearth that it says (model code ps63b680t6wxxu)

DMGreenTech :

And if there are questions on model - double check the listed model in the manual.

DMGreenTech :

Willing to try that firmware update first?

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

ok be right back

DMGreenTech :

Please confirm with the manual if there is a question on model...

DMGreenTech :

But I *think* you have it right.

DMGreenTech :

OK.. (Note to myself here)- in service menu, as linked above - look for option: "Control - Config option - Chelsea HV flip - Off. Restart TV." - if we can't get it to flip via firmware.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

ok installing firmware now

DMGreenTech :

ok

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

no luck

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

does not find firmware

DMGreenTech :

err..

DMGreenTech :

ok...

DMGreenTech :

I think that first firmware might have been wrong... but I have one more trick up my sleeve here.

DMGreenTech :

I'm going to tell you how to access the service menu. The service menu is a dangerous thing, so don't get too experimental.

DMGreenTech :

Have the original TV remote?

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

yup ok i am in service menu

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

it has model number but it is different

DMGreenTech :

You're in the service menu or regular menu?

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

service menu

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

tv off info menu mute power

DMGreenTech :

Ugh.. Ok.. .I thought that the firmware didn't work?

DMGreenTech :

ok.

DMGreenTech :

sorry.. anyway.. we're looking for:

DMGreenTech :

Control - Config option - Chelsea HV flip

DMGreenTech :

or maybe h-flip

DMGreenTech :

let me know if you have that.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

2 min

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

yes it says chelsea hv flip is on

DMGreenTech :

turn it off.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

ok it is off

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

i am still in service menu

DMGreenTech :

restart the TV

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

you are great

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

will my tv be ok

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

and shall i leave firmware alone

DMGreenTech :

I believe so. I've seen indications of this with other UK TVs.

DMGreenTech :

If you're happy with my work, there should be an "accept" button - without that, we get to work for free..

DMGreenTech :

Hopefully I saved you a service call at least!

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

thank you so much and may god bless you

DMGreenTech :

you're welcome.

JACUSTOMER-13lgyhgv- :

you put a smile back on

DMGreenTech
DMGreenTech, BS Electrical Engineering
DMGreenTech
DMGreenTech
DMGreenTech, BS Electrical Engineering