TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Can the mirror on a Mitsubishi 73 DLP TV be replaced?

Can I replace the large...

Can I replace the large mirror in a Mitsubishi 73" DLP TV if it was smashed?

Can I have a replacement mirror made locally? Do you know the dimensions of this mirror?

1/21/2011
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician

Please be aware that the procedures that are required to solve your problem can be complex and in some cases you will have to replace parts that may be expensive. Solving your problem depends on your ability to provide detailed responses and following directions very carefully.

The more information you can provide the better chance of solving your problem. I hope you find the information I provide valuable considering the average price of an in-home TV diagnosis.

You can replace the mirror, but TVs use a special kind of mirror called "first surface". Usually mirrors sold at glass shops are not first surface. Also so mirrors will come with foam or tape on the edges or corners that help with proper mounting in the TV, so I suggest you get the proper mirror for that TV. It will cost about $200 plus tax and shipping. If you give me the model number I can look it up for you.

It is a Mitsubishi WD73737 I talked to a local repair shop that said that if I got the dimensions for the mirror, he could have it made locally.

He priced the mirror and it was 250.00 for the mirror and another 200.00 to ship it. I am trying to save cost on the shipping.

Unfortunately, TV service manuals do not give dimensions for mirrors. They only give part numbers for direct replacement. Your mirror part number is *****

Looks like you will have to take the TV apart and measure. It will be a trapezoidal shape and must be a first surface type mirror.

Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Mike G.
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician