TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My tv screen has gone black but I still have sound. I replaced

Customer Question
the power board, twice, and...
My tv screen has gone black but I still have sound. I replaced the power board, twice, and the problem persists
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
1/6/2011
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 7 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Did you replace the board for this issue or just in the past for other issues?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Yes, replaced the board for this issue. At first, my TV was making a buzzing noise and the picture was dimmed. So I replaced the inverter board and it worked for 5 minutes then the tv picture went black. but the sound still worked. so I got another inverter, but the problem didnt go away.

I've had the tv for 3 years.

All devices hooked up does the same thing. and when i plug them all out instead of getting a blue screen, the screen remains black.

Ok do you see the LVDS cable? Its the cable between the main board and the TCON board which is the board at the top center of the screen. Turn the tv on, and then while it is on unplug and plug that cable back in, does anything happen to the screen while you do that?

Tim

no nothing.

Do you know how to use a meter?

Tim

yes and I have one

What is the DC voltage feeding the inverter board?

Tim

DC? I have 123AC going into the board
Louie, Technician