Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Experience:  Factory trained TV repair technician. U.S. NAVY trained.
12486280

When I turn off my TV there is a loud static sound before it

When I turn off my TV there is a loud static sound before it goes off. What could be wrong? Model 42PFL3704D/F7 Serial YAlA1002011169 Philips 42 inch TV
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What does the light on the front do?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

TV is about 6 mos. old. When it is cut off, it just has loud static for a second then goes off. I have direct TV with a box hooked up to it. The light on the TV and direct TV box goes out

I don't want an answer if fee amount is more than $19.00.

Thanks.

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

If you have the tv on, then without touching the remote just turn it off at the button on the tv itself, does it make that noise?

Tim

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

You are so smart. When I cut the TV off not using the remote yhere was not static sound. Now what?

Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

I believe what is happening is that your direct tv box is going off a split second before your tv and therefore the tv is loosing signal and displaying the static noise. Really the only way around this would be to turn the tv off first and the box off second. If you are pressing the all on and all off button on the direct tv remote then you may not be able to change the sequence here, you may have to turn the tv off via the Phillips remote and then turn the box off if you are bothered by the noise. BotXXXXX XXXXXne though, nothing is wrong with your tv, just an annoyance.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don’t hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan