TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung HL-T5075S. Green lamp light blinks during start

Samsung HL-T5075S. Green lamp light blinks...
Samsung HL-T5075S.

Green lamp light blinks during start up, it tries to restart itself 3 times then it shuts down with the red standby/timer and green timer and lamp lights blinking.
12/26/2010
Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Turn the TV off and make the room as dim as possible. Then put your face down by the lamp housing and turn the TV back on. The first thing you should hear is a spinning "whirrr" (the color wheel). Shortly thereafter, you should hear a crackle "bzzzt" (the ballast). At the same time, you should also see a spark (very small blue flame) at the rear of the lamp housing. Do you hear the color wheel and hear/see the ballast firing?

Hi Dan,

Got the whirrr, the bzzzt and blue flame, then it shutsdown and repeats this 3 times before powering down.
Any abnormal noises? Whining? Screeching?
Nothing.
Ok, good.

How long have you owned the TV? When did you last replace the projection lamp?
Bought it Oct 2007. never replaced anything or had any issues until now.
Ok, that's about what I thought you'd say.

Good news... it's just the projection lamp assy (the light source). This is a user-replaceable part, much like the bulbs in your home. And just like the bulbs, your TV's lamp will dim over time and eventually "burn out."

The lamp's part number is XXXXX it'll run you a bit over $100. You can get it wherever you want, but discount-merchant.com is a good source (click here). Replacement instructions are in your manual... near the back in the Appendix. Let me know if you need a copy.

Let me know if you need anything else. Though if this information was helpful, please click "Accept"... it's the only way I get paid for my work. You can still post follow-up questions afterward.