TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

i have a insignia t v and the picture does not fill the whole

Customer Question
screen, I realize broadcasting has...
i have a insignia t v and the picture does not fill the whole screen, I realize broadcasting has something to do with it, however my screen never fills out, it used to do so soon after I first got it but it out of adjustment. How can I fix it?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
12/6/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 7 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

the set is 2 years old model# XXXXX 2009 I only have it hooked to cable no other attachments.

Do you have a cable box?

Tim

y yes we are connected to Hargray a local cable carrier

Is there a button on the cable box remote that says PIC SIZE, FORMAT, ASPECT, ECT.?

Tim

I do not see anything that resembles pic size. i would think it would be on the setting button, but that does not help me.

On the INSIGNIA remote below the 9 button there is a ZOOM button, does that button do anything?

Tim

no, My remont has a settings button, but when I go to this program I see nothing about picture size, the fact that it used to be right makes me think I have done something stupid to cause it to have the borders on each side of the screen

You do not have the insignia remote that came with the tv when you bought it?

Tim

you fixed it, i do not know why i didnt think of that

Awesome news, glad you got it going!

Tim

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician