TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

LJ44-00132B has a relay on it that trips out while the tv is

Customer Question
on for 15 plus mins. The...
LJ44-00132B has a relay on it that trips out while the tv is on for 15 plus mins.

The Tv turns on fine then after about 15mins it shuts off and turns back on, then this starts happening about every 1 min. I took the Power supply (LJ44-00132B )out and checked the resistors/capapacitors they all seem to be fine also checked the voltages across my outputs out of the board and they were all correct other for that split second when the relay trips they loose the voltage. any idea what could cause that relay to keep tripping ( note: I also took a infared heat sensor and checked to see if anything was over heating and everything seemed to be ok.
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
12/4/2010
TV Technician: 25 Year Electronic Tech, Technician replied 7 years ago
25 Year Electronic Tech

25 Year Electronic T :

Hello, Sounds like you are on the right path, my guess would be an electrolytic capacitor in the power supply, or possibly a loose solder connection. you might try some freeze spray to cool individual components slightly and see if you can isolate the problem, as for loose connections, try tapping on the power supply board with an insulated object. Good luck, let me know how it goes.Thank you

JACUSTOMER-bp4nxnw4- :

What do you mean by tapping on the power supply with an insulated object ?> I checked every capacitor on the power supply do you think its another board creating this problem ? I took temp readings and everything is right around 100 deg F besides the transformers which are 130-140 deg F is that too hot ? Also is there any where i can get a schmatic of this power board anywhere or a site that you know of so I know the correct voltages ? And is there a way to take the power supply out and test it ? I took it out and plugged in the 120V and nothing what wires do i have to jumper to get the power supply to power up .

25 Year Electronic T :

Hello, The power supply board would be the most likely circuit causing this type of problem, but by no means would it be the only. I use the handle end of a screw driver to lightly tap on the circuit boards to identify a loose connection. It is possible that the logic circuit is telling the tv to shut off and then back on, not likely but possible. I don't think looking for a hot spot will necessarily find your problem, if an electrolytic capacitor is changing value as it heats up due to an internal defect this might happen at normal operating temps, but just be a defective capacitor. Vizio schematics are hard to find, I do not know of a source unless you are an authorized factory service center. Are there any voltage levels printed on the power supply board? if so check and monitor those to see if they are fluctuating. good luck, let me know. Thank you

JACUSTOMER-bp4nxnw4- :

Few more things, do you know where I can find a replacement board ? ( LJ44-00132B) Also I noticed if the TV is on any nothing is playing like cable/DVD player etc. it doesnt trip out its only while the tv is playing something(DVD or Cable would that narrow anything down ?

25 Year Electronic T :

25 Year Electronic T :

Possibly the reason it does not fail with no video is there is not as much current being drawn with a blank screen. It is a gamble whether or not the power supply is to blame, if you decide to try it I would maybe suggest a remanufactured or rebuilt module due to the cost is less, possibly a smaller loss if it does not fix the problem. Here are a couple of places you can order the power supply. http://www.encompassparts.com/products/?LJ44-00132B --------------------- http://www.vizparts.com/product_detail.php?pid=1816 Good luck, let me know. Thank you

25 Year Electronic Tech
25 Year Electronic Tech
25 Year Electronic Tech, Technician