James, Technician
Experience:  AV Service Engineer (4 Years)
24944807

My samsung led tv has today started to fade in and out when

My samsung led tv has today started to fade in and out when started for a few mins before resuming normal picture. is this because of the cold weather?
Category: TV
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

This is not typical behavior and indicates component failure, how long have you owned the set for ?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I bought it from john lewis in july. its never happened before. just this morning and this evening. it only happens for a minute or so...then its fine
Expert:  James replied 6 years ago.
Hi There,

If it was July this year, then get Samsung to swap it out under the warranty agreement or take it back to XXXXX XXXXX and get them to swap it. This is not typically behavior, I see far too many people who just deal with problems like this and eventually it results in the whole set failing.

It could be a number of issues causing this, but is most likely going to be a powerboard issue due to it only happening when cold.

You can call Samsung directly on - 03307267864