TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Have a sylvania 37 (ld370sc8s) will not turn on . power button

Customer Question
Have a sylvania 37" (ld370sc8s)...
Have a sylvania 37" (ld370sc8s) will not turn on . power button flashes 3 times then nothing . power supply board has 120 vac in 163 vdc out .. is this the norm? what else to look for? no blown or burnt parts anywhere.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: TV
11/30/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 6 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Is it flashing 3 times pause 3 times pause repeat?

-How old is the unit?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

manufactured DEC of 08

Sorry yes that is the code . Flashes three times and stops when power button is pressed. then red stand by light is sollid red. manufactured date is dec. of 08

How did you check the board to get 163 DC out? that is not possible...the highest that board should put out is like 25v.

Tim

I have a fluke meter i will retest. 110 vac in 163 out...i just retested that is what is coming out.

Can you send me a picture of this board?

Tim

graphicgraphic

That did not come through, can you email them to [email protected]?

Tim

The board in question is the one with the power cord . getting readings from red and black nearest to the two larger caps

I need the DC going to the main board.

Tim

161 vdc

not possible...I think we are talking about different boards. I need the DC voltage on the pins of those connectors in red.

Tim

graphic

3.2 vdc

What about at the same time you press the power button?

Tim

no change with power button. 3.2 vdc

Ok what you need to do though is check the other pins right as you press the power button, you should get a few that are around 24v and some around 10v. they may only come up for a second and then go back down.

Tim

No 24 volts on any pins found .... any good sources to go to get new power supply board?

www.shopjimmy.com is going to be your best bet for that one.

Tim

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician