TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a mitsubishi 60 WD60C9 Home Theater/DLP HDTV that was

I have a mitsubishi 60'...
I have a mitsubishi 60' WD60C9 Home Theater/DLP HDTV that was purchased 1 yr. ago.
Well, it stopped working. The problem is a blue screen that says WELCOME. I called the service line for mits tv and the rep stated he will send out some type of software free of charge. The LAMP test appears to be working. Any suggestions. Thanks for your help.
11/26/2010
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

When you get a STUCK Welcome screen on your TV set, that's because the MAIN Digital board isn't communicating with the Projection Engine.

Hopefully that software will fix your problem, but I suspect you'll end up having to replace the Main board to get it running.....

I've had to do that on a couple units.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Thank you.

Do you have a service tech you could recommend in the Philadelphia, PA area and the price range including labor to replace the MAIN board?

Also, would you recommend I do a extended warranty for 1-2 yrs. on my next TV purchase? I plan on getting a VIZIO 55 inch E550VA 120 Hz 1080p LCD HDTV.

The consumer review reports stated this a great TV.

I am an avid fan of AUTHORIZED warranty servicers due to the fact they are the ones supported by the manufacturer.

http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?sid=4cefe3bf193c9&ADDRESS=&POSTALCODE=19107&COUNTRY=US&STATE=PA&CITY=Philadelphia&PRODUCT=&PRODUCTFCT=&LAT=&LON=&UNITS=MILES&RADIUS=50%7C50&USECENTERPOINT=&W2GI_LASTEXTENT=-76.3221496294%7C39.(NNN) NNN-NNNN7C-74.0025903706%7C40.6769076812&SORTBY_Dealers=RANK%7CDISTANCE&START_Dealers=0&COUNT_Dealers=10&REVERSE_Dealers=FALSE&W2GI_QUICK_ZOOM=&W2GI_QFIELD=DEALERID&W2GI_QVALUE=&DISTANCE=&W2GI_DNAME=&W2GI_DADDR=&W2GI_DCITY=&W2GI_DSTATE=&W2GI_DPOSTALCODE=&W2GI_DID=&W2GI_DINDEX=&NAV_INPUT_TYPE=POINT&NAV_CMD=COMPASS_POINT_NORTH&NAV_ALLOW_RECTANGLE=0&SCALE_ZOOM=&client=mitsuservicer&template=locator

Otherwise you may as well fix it yourself....

As for the Vizio -- get the contract. They may have a great picture, but consumer reviews seem to pick the TVs that LOOK good but don't take into consideration what we techs see or think of them !

Sony has always had the most reliable TVs out there. Samsung is impressive...Mitsubishi and Panasonic TVs are excellent TVs too.

Vizio TVs are ok...not bad, but not excellent either.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

One last question.

Would you have a price range for this MAIN board?

Also, I would like to tip you. You have been extremely HELPFUL, more so than the mits reps. I would like to use a different credit card for your tip. Or, can I send you a check through my on line banking or the PAYPAL service?

Cause 1
1. Status LED does not stop blinking green after 20 seconds of power on, unit will have a blue screen with "Mitsubishi welcome" that does not go away. Suspect the Main PCB part # 934C328001

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=934C328001

They have it in stock.

Umm, splitting a payment is kind of hard to do...if you just press the ACCEPT button you have done enough already, and Thank you.

If you have any questions, just ask

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician
TV Tech1
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician