Dan, Master Tech and Repair Facility Trainer
Experience:  USAF trained; A.A.S Electronics; A.A.S. Education; Currently teaching advanced troubleshooting and repair for the DoD.
42300671

I have a 73 Mitsubishi WD-73831 TV. A certified Mitsubishi

I have a 73" Mitsubishi WD-73831 TV. A certified Mitsubishi Technician told us the light engine needs to be replaced, which is no longer under warranty. The TV is beautiful, except for the expense of a LE. I would be willing to sell the TV for $200 at a tremendous loss. Do you know of anyone who would like the TV knowing the LE needs replacing? Local pick-up only.

Jackie
Chino Hills, CA

Hi Jackie,

Thanks for the question. My name is Dan.

Your request is a bit outside the scope of this site. Though, I'd be happy to provide a second opinion about the diagnosis... or even help you find a rebuilt light engine (circa $300 usually). Else, consider contacting a consumer/consumer site such as CraigsList or eBay.

Let me know.

Regards,

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thanks Dan for the assist. I did not know they have rebuild light engines. Where would I look for these? The TV is the Diamond series and it's a shame to sell the TV at such a loss.

Jackie,

I'd hate for you to sell that TV for $200 (unless I was buying it Cool).

There are 2 very reputable companies that I know of... ModusLink PTS (here) and TriState Module (here). They both rebuild light engines, and resell them with warranties.

As I mentioned, a rebuilt light engine usually runs circa $300.

-Dan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
You are a sweetie. Thanks for the info, I'll look at the links you provided. However, if you are interested in purchasing the TV, it's yours. =)