TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Samsung LN40A650A1FXZA LCD...One repairman says its the screen

(+/-$400 for the part+labor) that...
Samsung LN40A650A1FXZA LCD...One repairman says its the screen (+/-$400 for the part+labor) that needs to be replaced. He 'saved' me $70 by telling me this over the phone, that he's seen the same thing many times. "Power on" the screen goes from a great picture to green static, with normal sound quality. Sometimes I'll get a normal picture for 20 seconds; if the set is not used for several days, there is a chance of normal operation. If the picture lasts more than 3-4 minutes, I can expect a picture for as long as the set stays on. Another picture symptom is a "Black" screen with white lines running in a grid, not a 'checker board,' but random squares and rectangles-AC
11/23/2010
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center

Anthony's TV :

Hello JA Customer I have been fixing Tv and Electronics since I was 5 years old With better than 20 years experience and 17 years in business

Anthony's TV :

although I have seen many screen failures this does not sound like a screen

Anthony's TV :

could you take a pix of the defect when it occurs

Anthony's TV :

and if you turn the tv off and on again does it go away?

Anthony's TV :

what input are you watching

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

Took a picture with my cell phone. Picture is not restored by turning set off/on. It might work after several days' 'rest.' The input at the moment is the tv, but I get the same result on all inputs. I am unable to attach the picture I took, to this reply-AC

Anthony's TV :

you need to get the pix on your computer then you can use the tree icon to attach

Anthony's TV :

or send the pix [email protected]

Anthony's TV :

say for Anthonys tv

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

I too have to step out. I can continue 11/23 afternoon.

Anthony's TV :

ok

Anthony's TV :

I saw the picture

Anthony's TV :

its not the screen

Anthony's TV :

it could either be bad capacitors in the power supply or a bad main board

Anthony's TV :

Try the capacitors first

Anthony's TV :

Don't know who told you that over the phone

Anthony's TV :

but if they are authorized I would like to know who they are

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

Sorry, I don't think I saved their telephone #. One last question for you, is there a reliable source of tech/repair manuals that you know of?

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

In addition, what should be the prices of the parts you mentioned."main board," sounds expensive

Anthony's TV :

Well Capacitors are dirt cheap

Anthony's TV :

yes the main board is exspensive

Anthony's TV :

hold on

Anthony's TV :

Parts Information

Manufacturer[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]100[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]
Part NumberBN94-01666G
DescriptionAssy Pcb Main
Substitute Partn/a
Estimated Weight1 lb(s).

Total Availability0
Estimated Ship Date11/29/2010 or 6 days
On Vendor Purchase OrderYes
Core Price50.00
Part Price142.87
Total Price192.87

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

I don't understand, "core price," or "on vendor purchase."

Anthony's TV :

they want the old board back

Anthony's TV :

if you return it the board will be 142.97

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

OK. Any final thoughts or bits of advice?

Anthony's TV :

but you will pay 192.87

Anthony's TV :

to get it to your door

Anthony's TV :

try the capacitors on the power board first

Anthony's TV :

if they look bloated or puffy replace them

JACUSTOMER-gn9turdt- :

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for your help-AC

Anthony's TV :

Thank You

Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center
Anthony F.
Anthony F.
Anthony F., Owner of TV Service Center