TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a 9 month old vizio v0370m. The picture goes blank about

Customer Question
every 10 minutes and stays...
I have a 9 month old vizio v0370m. The picture goes blank about every 10 minutes and stays that way for approximately 2 minutes before coming back on
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
11/21/2010
TV Technician: TV Tech1, Technician replied 7 years ago
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician

Hmm, no model number exists on the Distributor's website....you may have a Costco Only model....

That means that if your TV is ONLY 9 months old since you purchased it -- your only choice is to take it back to Costco for Exchange/Service.

Once the warranty expires.....You're in a whole world of hurt.

Did you get an unbelievable deal on this TV when you first bought it?.

I suspect this TV is what we call a "loss leader". Designed to draw you into the store.

If you have any questions, just ask

If you are finished, please press the ACCEPT button.

Tips are greatly appreciated !

Thank you.

Edited by TV Tech1 on 11/21/2010 at 8:54 AM EST
There is another model number on the booklet that came with the TV. That number is XXXXX Check that model please. I did get it $100 off which I don't think is an unblelievable deal.

Ok, I figured it out -- it's a VO370M not a V0370M -- notice the difference?

Looks like we need your serial number off the tag on the back of the set too...

graphic

Now, there is one thing I need to verify with you....

When your TV goes BLANK...

Do you still have the sound coming from the TV set? Or does it also disappear?

Can you still activate the TV's menu and see it on the screen when it's blanked out?

How about the screen itself....does it look BLACK or is it "gently lit up" ?

I need to know this information so I can determine if your Backlight/Lamps are turned off, or if they are turned on.

There are two possible boards causing your problem, and if the LAMPS are going black, we replace the inverter.

If the Sound stays on, or if the MENU still displays, then the main board is the failure point.

Get that information, and I should be able to tell you what you need to repair your TV set, ok?

The sound is stll on when it goes blank. This tv is at our beach house and we will not be back there until Thanksgiving day. We did not try the menu, but we will try it when we get there Thursday. I will let you know then. Will that be okay?

Yes, but SAVE your Email notifying you of this response. The question may time out due to inactivity.

Then just click the URL when you get the information needed -- you may have to re-open the question/answer session - there is a box that should let you re-open it, located on the page you access.

We need to check the menu to see if it's visible on screen, and if it's NOT -- then check the LCD panel to see if it lit when you lose your picture.

The LCD's backlight could be shutting off, or the main board isn't delivering the picture or the menu to the display panel. We need those questions answered to fix your TV set.

TV Tech1
TV Tech1
TV Tech1, Technician