TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Dell Plasma Tv won't resogniize The HDMI signal. The Tv…

Customer Question
My Dell Plasma Tv won't...
My Dell Plasma Tv won't resogniize The HDMI signal. The Tv reads no video input signal. What is the problem?Did you forget me and my Tv problem?
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
11/9/2010
TV Technician: Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician replied 7 years ago
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-Does it work on other inputs than HDMI? like component or composite?

-How old is the unit?

-Have you tried more than one HDMI device?

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

The HDMI cable works on other electronic devices The TV is less than 4 yrs. old

What device are you trying to hook to the tv with the HDMI?

Tim

A blu ray dvd player and a amplifier

If you hook the blue ray directly to the tv bypassing the amp will it give a signal?

Tim

I hooked the blu ray dvd player directly up to the TV.. I also hooked the HDMI cable as follows HDMI cable comes out of Blu ray dvd and goes directly to the TV. The HDDMI signal now works.. But the picture constantly blinks on and off

What setting do you have the output of the blue ray set to? 480i, 1080i, 720p, 1080p, ect.

Tim

The TV works fine on component 2. the HDMI is hooked up coming out out of the Blu Ray going into theTV

Sorry thats not what I am asking, that player is capable of outputting different resolutions, I need to know what it is set to output on HDMI.

TIm

The TV works fine on component 2. the HDMI is hooked up coming out out of the Blu Ray going into theTV. 1080p. WWhen the blu ray is turrned on and the HDMI cable is hooked to the Blu Ray and TV The TV recognizes HDMI signal. TThe picture blinks on and off constsnntly.

That model is not a 1080p so if you are putting 1080p into it with the HDMI cable then it will blink on and off, you need to change the output to something lower like 1080i.

Tim

with the TV on and seton component 2 The tv works fine. now when the TV is and set to HDMI, I turned on the Blu ray and put a dvd in, I pushed the Play button. The Bluray recognizes the HDMI signal. But, the pictureblinks off annd on constantly.

Did you change the output of the blue ray like I said?

Tim

It is set at 720p on the Blu ray dvd player. The picture constantly blinks off and on
I set the output on the Blu ray dvd player on 720p
I set the output on the Blu ray dvd player on 720p. When the BLu ray player is on and a bluray disc is put in. while watching the tv the picture constantly blinks off and on

Can you set it lower than 720p? just change it to 480i if possible to test and see if it stops blinking.

Tim

No I cannot set the Blu ray player any lower