Rod, TV & Communications Sys Repair
Experience:  FCC Commercial License, Previous owner of Electronics Repair shop, 40+ years in electronic systems.
14090506

how to reset my tv model # dp50749-02

how to reset my tv model # dp50749-02
Category: TV
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.

I'm sorry no one has responded sooner. Do you have the TV's original remote?

Also, what is the problem, that you want to reset the TV?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
The screen is black, shows no picture at all. Every so often the green light will come on and off. I do have the original remote.
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.

I do not believe a reset will help this problem. Do you have sound, just no picture and if you have sound, does the TV controls work okay (volume, channel, etc.)?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
no sound no picture the on light comes on and off
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.

It could be a protective mode shut down, the only way to reset this is to unplug the TV for about 30 minutes and then plug it back in.

I do not believe this will solve you problem - as Sanyo TVs are known to have power supply problems and your symptoms indicate this. When you try to turn it on, do you hear any clicking?

Thanks,
Customer: replied 7 years ago.
went the light comes on and off i heer a ckikint sound
Expert:  Rod replied 7 years ago.

The TV is going into a protective shut down, there can be different boards that cause this. For a plasma TV, the most common is the Y-boards, but any circuit can cause a protective shut down.

It will have to be serviced. A service estimate will run $45-$75, depending on your location. The estimate charge will apply towards labor for repairs should you decide to have it repaired.

As I mentioned, a common problem with Sanyo TVs is the power supply, and if the power supply is found to be the problem, a repair could run $200-$250, labor included. If one of the Y-boards is found to be at fault, it would run about $125 plus labor - usually only one of the driver boards fails.

Sorry its not a direct - replace this - answer, but it will have to be diagnosed.

Ask if you have any questions.

Thanks,