Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

a please scan channels message box appears on screen and

Customer Question

a "please scan channels" message box appears on screen and will not go away
Category: TV
Expert:  Tim Nolan replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-What is the model number for the television? (this can be found on the back of the unit)

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your response.

It is an Olevia E370 about 3 years old. Several peripheral devices are connected ... DVR, DVD player, game (Nintendo WII) console. ...

The problem occurred while grandkids were watching a downloaded (netflix ROKU) movie and, I believe, having a button pushing session on the TV remote.

The message box is on the screen all the time no matter what device is being used.