TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I own a samsung HL61A650C1F TV and it will not turn on. When

I attempt to turn on...
I own a samsung HL61A650C1F TV and it will not turn on. When I attempt to turn on all 3 lights on the front bottom right of the TV blink continuesly. The stand by / temp light is blinking red and both the timer and lamp light are also blinking. What is my move here?
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/20/2010
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

There is a very good chance that we have a bad lamp here. Which is about the best case for you.

Do you still have your owners manual? If so there are instructions on how to remove the lamp. I think the first thing we should do here is take it out and inspect it. We might find that it is shattered and know without a doubt that it needs to be replaced.

If you do not have you owners manual let me know and I will get you instructions on how to change the lamp.

Also if you don't know about the lamps in these sets here is some information: These lamps are a "consumer replaceable item" meaning they are made for you to change. This is similar to changing a light bulb in a lamp but allot more expensive and a little more difficult. These lamps last on average anywhere from 1 to 3 years before they need to be changed. They also burn out based upon the number of hours the tv is on and the number of times the tv is turned on in its life. The more you watch the tv the faster the lamp will burn out, and the more you turn the tv on and off the faster it will burn out. There is really no way to prolong the life of a lamp other than not watch the tv, so most people don't worry about it to much and just expect for this to happen ever couple of years.

If you have the owner's manual, follow the instructions and remove the lamp, tell me what you see. If you don't have it let me know and I will get you the instructions to remove it.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
i took out the lamp, how do i tell if it is bad?

Does it look shattered at all, or the metal pice in the top broken?

can you take a picture of it head on and post it to me? (if you can post a picture, please click the icon above where you are typing with the green tree on it. This will allow you to upload a picture)

Tim

That is most likely it, any suggestions on where to buy a new one?
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician