TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i just put a new lamp in the t.v. the tint is still off. there…

i just put a new...
i just put a new lamp in the t.v. the tint is still off. there is still no green tint and that give everything a pink tint to it. what could be the problem? also if it can be done at home by me would be best because i dont live close to any town that has a repair shop.
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/4/2010
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

what other infromation do you need?

We do have problem with all the devices that are connected to the t.v., the tv looks the same no matter what we have on. 2007 is the year it was made.

What you have is very common problem in these LCD projection sets like yours, what has happened is the light engine has failed and needs to be replaced. This is bad news because to replace a light engine will run around $800.

However the only good advice I can give you is to call Hitatchi and complain about the issue, most of the time I find they will supply the part and make the customer pay the labor, labor to put one of these in is around $300-$400 depending on the part of the country you are in. If that sounds good to you I would call them and complain, be nice to them at first because normally they take care of it no problem, but if it looks like they aren't going to help then you should get stern with them and tell them that it is ridiculous that a 5 year old TV should need a $800 repair and see what they do for you!

If you have more questions or need clarification please let me know!

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician