TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

my 52 in rca projection wont come on....the green light comes

Customer Question
my 52 in rca projection...
my 52 in rca projection won't come on....the green light comes on and it acts like it will then blinks three times then turns it self off......is there a reset button. as far as tghe button i never use it it is turned on and off by remote
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
8/17/2010
TV Technician: Gina King,
 replied 7 years ago
Gina King
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I’m a Moderator for JustAnswer.

Thanks for your question! This is not a request for more information and I apologize if this message caused you any confusion.

I'm sorry that you haven't received an answer yet. Most questions are responded to within the hour, but this can depend on different factors, including the difficulty of your question, how many questions are being posted by customers, whether or not this type of question can be answered in an online forum and how many Experts are on the site at the time your question posts.

I will go ahead and try to find an Expert to assist you with your question and appreciate your patience. You will receive an email notification when an Expert replies to you, just as you did here. Unfortunately, I can not guarantee a time-frame for which yours will be answered and I apologize a head of time if the wait is longer than expected.

Please do not reply to this message unless you do not need further help. If that is the case, please let me know and I can assist you with that. When you reply, it locks out the question from the Experts and will slow down their response time to you. If they need more information, they will let you know.

Please remember that if you get a satisfactory answer from your Expert to click the green accept button so the Expert is compensated for a job well done. Positive feedback is appreciated by them also. :)

If you have any questions regarding deposits or billing, please feel free to use the help link below:

http://www.justanswer.com/help/contact.aspx

Best,
Gina
Moderator
i don't know if my tv needs to be reset or what......i never use the on/off button just the remote control.....my question is what causes this.....even when i try to turn on the tv manually it still does the same thing.....green light comes on then blink three or four times and then nothing happens......
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 7 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

(Please click on high lighted words)

this unit has a 2200uf capacitor and a 220uf capacitor on the 6v line that swells, these caps are blown, the location is cp150 for the 2200uf and the other is right next to it, if they are swollen replace and you will be fine. Also check this site for ribbon cables make sure they are in the connector securely, my trick is to pull them out, and with a dental pick push on the metal connectors, so when you insert again it is tight, if the connector looks bowed this is the problem secure by pulling and replacing. Also look with a magnifier I have found corroded connectors, only do this if the caps are ok.

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Thanks

i need more information........i don't understand.....my question was where is the reset button on this tv.....because my tv is not coming on.......

Ok,, your going to need service,, your tv has an internal problem,, parts need to be replaced,, this is what i sent you,, but i see your not a techy person,, So a friend that has tech skills or service is what you need friend,, There is no reset for this,,

Rick williams
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician