TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

my TV has prdduced a re spot in the centre of the picture and…

Customer Question
my TV has prdduced a...
my TV has prdduced a re spot in the centre of the picture and it is growing my tv is a rear projection lcd 50V500a will a new bulb fix the problem or can the bulb be cleaned and can I do that myself
Submitted: 7 years ago.Category: TV
8/16/2010
TV Technician: Rick williams, Technician replied 7 years ago
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

Friend this means the optic block is going bad, you will have to search for a repair company that actually repairs the optic block, if not it will need a new optic block or Lite engine. there are some sites on the net that rebuild engines, you can check with PTS below for pricing, but for now the set will be ok, this problem will grow slowly over time. Contact an authorized center they will check serial number you may still be covered by the manufacturer and not know it. To be honest this is an expensive repair, until something like a kit is invented, the great news is there are companies that rebuild engines.

And this one rebuilds board's very helpful company

www.PTSCORP.COM and TriState or click here

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
thankyou you saved me the time to get a tech out how difficult is it to remove the board for repair

Lite engine is not easy if you have never done this,, contact the company,, and ask if they want the entire lite engine or the DMD itself,, here below are manual sites,, if you choose to remove the Lite engine,, you should have the manual buddy,, Good luck in your repairs..

manuals sites

www.completeservicemanuals.com

www.free-service-manuals.com

www.s100-manuals.com

www.eserviceinfo.com

www.manuals-paradise.com