TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I replaced a lamp on a Hitachi LCD rear projection TV, model…

I replaced a lamp on...
I replaced a lamp on a Hitachi LCD rear projection TV, model 50V500A. The picture is now of much lesser quality. It is not as clear and has a red halo in many areas. When the screen is dark, there is an obvious red hue in the middle in the middle 70 % of the tv. Is ther a way to reset, other than thru the remote, which I have tried?
8/12/2010
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician

Hello friend, Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem, And possibly help you save on these Labor charges today, So please don't Accept my answer unless you are satisfied,

the issues your saying have nothing to do with the Lamp are you sure it was not present before replacing the Lamp

Not sure, but we were satisfied with the quality before lamp failed and are not satisfied now. In any case, is ther a way to "reboot" the tv?
It sounds like you purchased a non original lamp,, period,, You can unplug for up to a half hour,, but this doesnt do anything,, this is the new Lamp friend,, return it order a original,, thats all

I purchased a new lamp from an authorized dealer. Since I installed it myself, I cannot return it. Are you saying that this lamp is defective? If it was defective, would not the failure mode not allow me to turn on the tv?

You have not answered my question about "rebooting" or resetting the tv, not thru the remote. Isn't there a method to do this that I can perform with proper instruction?

FIRST QUESTION,, NO THESE LAMPS CAN WORK AND STILL BE BAD.. THEY CAN SHUT DOWN INTERMITTINGLY,, THIS IS BECAUSE THEY ARE HAOLGEN LAMPS,, AND BREAKDOWN THERMALLY.. AND YES I DID ANSWER YOUR QUESTION ABOUT REBOOTING AGAIN UNPLUG THE TV FOR 30 MIN,,,

i DONT UNDERSTAND,, HOW YOU CAN CHANGE THE LAMP AND SEE IT IS WORSE THAN THE ORIGINAL,, AND NOT KNOW ITS THE NEW LAMP?// NOT SURE IF THE NEW LAMP CAME WITH A HOUSING OR YOU PURCHASED JUST A BULB,,, NOW I WILL SAY THIS,, AT THE BEGINNING OF OUR CONVERSATION I TOLD YOU,, THE LAMP HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS HALO YOU HAVE,, IT HAD TO HAVE BEEN THERE ALWAYS,, THIS ISNT A LAMP FAILURE

I replaced the entire housing and handled it with cotton gloves so as to not touch the lamp. I told you that I already unplugged for 30 minutes and that did not work.

Let me ask the rebooting question differently, as rebooting was the wrong analogy.

Are their any buttons or dials or reset buttons on the tv that I can use to improve the picture or reset the screen and picture?

If I had the halo before, it was not visible, perhaps because the lamp was getting old. Is ther a way to get rid of the halo short of buying a new lamp?

If I have a defective lamp, is it possible to return it directly to Hitachi? Address?

YOU HAVE DONE EVERYTHING CORRECTLY,

YES I UNDERSTAND,, SORRY FRIEND THERE ISNT A BUTTON THAT WILL HELP THIS ISSUE,, THIS TV IS FAMOUS FOR THIS PROBLEM THE TV NEEDS A LITE ENGINE REPAIR,,

Friend this means the optic block is going bad, you will have to search for a repair company that actually repairs the optic block, if not it will need a new optic block or Lite engine. there are some sites on the net that rebuild engines, you can check with PTS below for pricing, but for now the set will be ok, this problem will grow slowly over time. Contact an authorized center they will check serial number you may still be covered by the manufacturer and not know it. To be honest this is an expensive repair, until something like a kit is invented, the great news is there are companies that rebuild engines.

And this one rebuilds board's very helpful company

www.PTSCORP.COM and TriState or click here

Well Good luck friend, and if my efforts on trying to help you save on those large labor charges are appreciated, feedback and a bonus will be appreciated

Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician
Rick williams
Rick williams
Rick williams, Technician