TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have a hitachi projection tv from 2002 the picture has a…

i have a hitachi projection...
i have a hitachi projection tv from 2002 the picture has a double vision type screen and there is a slight blue curve running across the top of the screen what could be wrong with it ?
Answered in 1 hour by:
8/12/2010
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician

Hello
Welcome

I will need the model number please usually found on the back of the set?

Anthony

there is a model # XXXXX the remote CLU4321UG will that do ? other wise i have to remove the whole cabinets and everything

Hello

I'm afraid this is the remote control number

Hitachi make and made many different models all completely different from one another I cant research the parts that have failed but I do know whats wrong and can give you a generic answer?otherwise I will need that model number

Anthony

ok i will get it in soon as possible but what do you think it is and how much to fix??

Please just obtain model and I can be more specific thank you!

Anthony

ok i pulled out the tv the model number is XXXXX ser # XXXXX thanks

Hello

Thank You this model number is XXXXX helpful

OK the problems your experiencing is bad convergence

In your case the DCU board sounds like its failed if you have a barrel or curved shape to the picture (Digital Convergence Unit)or the STK output chips have failed

Here is some info on this issue with a do-it-yourself repair this is generic to all Rear Projection sets

http://home.earthlink.net/~oleg.filippov/ConvergenceFix.htm

Cost of repairs here $350 to $500 depends where you are

Let me know if you need more

Many Thanks

Anthony

Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician