TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

my samsung tv has no picture at all. the power light turns

on but the screen remains...
my samsung tv has no picture at all. the power light turns on but the screen remains blank. it is connected to a sky box n hdmi cable. the sky box works becz l tried it on a different tv. my samsung tv has sound but no picture,not even a blue screen. it is a 50'' plasma
8/2/2010
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician

Thank you for posting your question on Just Answer! I will be happy to help you with this problem. Can you please give us some more information so I can better answer your questions.

-If you press the menu button on the tv itself, does the menu show up?

-How old is the unit?

- Do you have this problem while watching all different devices hooked to this television? (DVD player, cable, satellite, game counsel, ect.)

Please give me this information and I will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you,

Tim Nolan

the tv is 2years old. I have the same prob if I connect other devices to the tv. I cannot change channels becoz it has no picture at all, its like its switched off yet it will be on. The screen remains black and blank throughout. I can only raise and lower the volume.

There are a couple of different things that could cause this problem, the first is the power supply, and the second the main board. Also either sustain or scan driver board can cause this problem. To know exactly what board is the cause, you need to have electronic repair experience, and test equipment. If you have this let me know and I will assist you in the troubleshooting of this tv. Otherwise you will need a repairman at this point. You can expect a bill of anywhere between $400-$700, this is a good average, however it could be more or less.

I am sorry I don't have a quick fix or easy answer for you on this one, please let me know if you have the skills and tools and I will be happy to assist you. Also please let me know if there is anything else I can do for you.

If you would like any additional information or have more questions please don't hesitate to ask!

Please never accept an answer until you are 100% satisfied and feel you can leave positive feedback. If I have answered your questions and met your needs then please press the green "accept" button. Otherwise please feel free to ask anything else to get your problem resolved. Positive feedback is always appreciated!

Thank you,
Tim Nolan

Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan
Tim Nolan, TV Repair Technician