TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

We watched tv last night. Today the tv will turn on but there…

Customer Question
We watched tv last night...
We watched tv last night. Today the tv will turn on but there is no sound or picture. The white power light blinks for a couple seconds and then nothing. Can I fix this or is my tv shot?
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/30/2010
TV Technician: Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD replied 8 years ago
Flatpanel Guru
Flatpanel Guru, Lead Technician HD

Welcome to Just Answer,

My name is John,

The problem you are describing is caused typically by a failure of either the main board or a damaged power supply, I say damaged because unlike the main board it in many cases is repaired and not replaced.

First i want you to understand, this in many cases is a inexpensive repair under $100 at my shop if you have a damaged power supply. The main board is under $250 for repair by an authorized service center, so the set is very repairable and worth the money to have repaired, since this set sold for $1999 MSRP, and even to replace it today with a comparable set would be $900 + the DVR, so worth the investment.

If you do not know of a local service center that you trust it is always good to contact the manufacture and ask for an authorized service center in your area.

LG -(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

Or use there Service locate: http://www.lg.com/us/support/repair/support-repair-provider-lookup.jsp

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

If you have any questions please just ask.