TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

i have a philips 50 ambilight plasma tv, the screen went out…

Customer Question
i have a philips 50"...
i have a philips 50" ambilight plasma tv, the screen went out but it still has sound. What do i need to replace and is it worth it
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: TV
6/29/2010
TV Technician: James, Technician replied 8 years ago
James, Technician
Hi There,

It sounds like either the inverter board which powers the backlight, or the power supply which powers the inverter board is faulty.

Are you wanting to fix this problem at home or are you just wanting to know how much it would cost to repair ?

Are you comfortable working with electronics ?

i am wanting to fix it at home
Hi There,

Could you provide me with the model number of the unit please ? It should be on the rear of the unit near the power cable inlet.

model # XXXXX 50PF9630A-37 I went to philips website and tries a software upgrade but that didnt help. If u look redal close at the screen you can see a few mainly red and green pixels flashing around likke maybe its trying to come on
Relist: he never answered backk and it said the question was finished.
he never answered backk and it said the question was finished